Visiting the Archives
Please Note Effective July 1, 2021: archives record fees will increase to $5.00 for 20 copies/images. Each additional image or copy requested will be .50 cents.
Archives Research Room Hours:
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Records will not be pulled after 4:45 p.m.
If you cannot visit the archives in person please send us an email with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org Prepayment of all records requests is required and records can be emailed directly to you. Credit card payment is accepted in our research room or at public computers via our webpage.
Research Room Policies:
We proudly preserve historical government records dating back to the creation of Lancaster County in 1729. To preserve our records for future generations please note the following:
- All persons must register at the front desk upon entering the Archives.
- Personal items may be kept in lockers.
- Food and drink are not permitted within the Archives.
- Archives staff will retrieve all historical records. Historical record indexes are available in the research room on public computers via the Archives website.
- The Archives reserves the right not to photocopy documents that are fragile.
- All records are $5.00 for 20 images or copies. Each additional image or copy over 20 is $.50 cents. Records in a specialized format such as records in large docket books, may require additional processing time.
- Archives records will not be removed from the Archives for any reason.
- Thumb drives or any USB-related devices are not permitted on Archives public computers. Archives staff can email images of records to your email address upon request.
- Please silence your cell phone and refrain from speaking on it within the research areas.
Archives staff are here for your research assistance so please ask questions.