The Lancaster County Department of Parks and Recreation manages nine parks throughout Lancaster County. However, hunting is permitted within designated areas in only three parks:
Hunting is not permitted in any of the other county parks. During hunting season, many non-hunters also use the above parks, so please be careful as children, dog walkers, and others may be enjoying the park in the same area you are hunting.
Free hunting maps are available by clicking the park links above or by visiting the Park Office, Rangers' Station, or Shuts Environmental Library.
Rules & Regulations
- Only licensed hunters are permitted to hunt on park property.
- All hunters must follow both the Pennsylvania Game Code and the Lancaster County park rules and regulations.
- Only shotgun, muzzle loader, and archery hunting is permitted (Archery only in Chickies Rock County Park).
- Target shooting is prohibited.
- Temporary tree stands are permitted, except for stands that would damage any part of a tree.
For more information about hunting safely in Lancaster County parks, contact the Park Rangers at 717-295-3605 or 717-278-6274.