On January 3, 2022, Lisa Colon made history, as she was sworn in as the first female elected to serve as Controller of Lancaster County, since the office's inception in 1901.
At her swearing in ceremony, she was joined by friends and family, and took the oath on her personal Bible given to her by her late father.
In her free time, Lisa is an active volunteer with various organizations whose mission is to assist students, animals, homeless and our military, to name a few. She is actively engaged in our community, serving on local boards and authorities within Lancaster City and County. She follows the motto " Be the change you wish to see...."
Below are some of the many organizations that she has been or is currently involved with:
• President and Founder of Chapter PA202, of the National Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc.
• Comprehensive Planning Committee, City of Lancaster
• Executive Leadership Team, Lancaster City Alliance
• Adopt-a-Block, City of Lancaster
• Emergency Winter Homeless Shelter, Lancaster Food Hub
• Humane League of Lancaster
• United Way - Day of Caring
• Elm Street Advisory Council, James Street Improvement District
• Neighborhood Leaders Academy, City of Lancaster
• Water Street Ministries Winter Day Shelter
• Junior Achievement
• CRIZ Authority
• Vision Zero, City of Lancaster