A dozen eastern Lancaster County drug dealers were recently charged and targeted in an ongoing County Drug Task Force sting.
The 12 individuals are charged with dealing methamphetamine or heroin; nine were arrested and arraigned in recent weeks.
Two women and a man remain at large, wanted on felony counts of delivery of methamphetamine.
Seven suspected dealers were arrested in an Aug. 25 warrant detail that involved Drug Task Force detectives, county deputy sheriffs, New Holland police, and county parole/probation officers.
District Judge Rodney Hartman arraigned those individuals and set bail for those seven; some have since posted bail.
Drug Task Force detectives built cases against the defendants over the past year, using surveillance tactics and undercover buys, most in the New Holland area where the dealers are believed to have operated primarily.
“While heroin has dominated the headlines of late, and rightfully so, we cannot ignore the fact that we are facing active meth trafficking,” Lancaster County District Attorney Craig Stedman said Tuesday.
Additional charges are expected as detectives continue to target the New Holland area for illegal drug transactions.
“Our Drug Task Force has been doing an excellent job combatting the meth problem, particularly in the rural areas where it is usually found,” Stedman said.
The seven arrested in the Aug. 25 sweep are:
- Lawrence Nabozny III, 34, Cherry Hill Road, Ronks, free on unsecured bail;
- Chad S. Hassis, 41, Northeimer Road, Narvon, free on bail;
- Melanie J. Laudermilch, 37, Bowmansville Road, Mohnton (Berks County), free on unsecured bail;
- Daniel R. Umble, 42, Creek Road, Christiana, jailed on $250,000 bail;
- Harlan S. Martin, 48, Snyder Road, New Holland, jailed on $300,000 bail;
- Christina Rolinski, Marshall Street, Ephrata, jailed on $250,000 bail;
- David R. Anderson Jr., 28, Fieldcrest Drive, New Holland, jailed on $300,000 bail.
All are charged with delivery of methamphetamine, except Rolinski, who is charged with delivery of heroin.
The Drug Task Force filed charges and arrested these two men prior to or after Aug. 25:
- Daniel Pate, 38, North Reading Road, Denver, jailed on $50,000 bail;
- Marion Chester Griffin, Narvon Road, Narvon, jailed on $3.5 million bail.
These three suspected methamphetamine dealers are wanted:
- Joy K. Patterson, 31, Twin County Road, Honey Brook (charged in conspiracy with Harlan Martin);
- Russell E. Samuels II, 41, Twin County Road, Honey Brook;
- Tammy Ann Givler, 40, West Church Street, Denver.
MEDIA CONTACT: Brett A. Hambright, 717-295-2041; email@example.com; Twitter: @BrettHambright