Including the cities of Chambersburg, Newport, Harrisburg,
Hershey, Lebanon, Carlisle, Gettysburg, York, and Lancaster
417 AM EST Wed Dec 14 2022
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 7 PM EST
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow and sleet
accumulations of 1 to 3 inches and ice accumulations of up to
one tenth of an inch. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.
* WHEN...From 1 AM to 7 PM EST Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning and evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...A mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain
will move in to the area from west to east Thursday morning.
This is expected to last several hours before an eventual change
to rain occurs from south to north by the late afternoon into
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania
Turnpike Commission remind motorists to adjust speeds based on
driving conditions as winter weather impacts Pennsylvania
Call 5 1 1 or visit www.511pa.com for the latest travel, roadway
and traffic conditions.
To report snow or ice, post to the NWS State College Facebook
page, use Twitter @NWSStateCollege, or visit weather.gov/ctp.