...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Heat index values between 100 to 104 degrees expected.
* WHERE...Lebanon, Dauphin, York and Lancaster Counties.
* WHEN...Until 8 PM EDT Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity will increase the
risk of heat related illnesses.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Maximum heat index values are forecast to
this afternoon. Low temperatures in the mid to upper 70s early
this Tuesday morning will not provide much relief from the heat.
Excessive Heat can be life-threatening among at-risk populations,
such as children, the elderly, and those with pre-existing health
Drink plenty of fluids, stay out of the sun, and stay in an air-
conditioned room. Check up on relatives and neighbors, and
provide pets with adequate water and shelter from the sun.
Young children and pets should never be left unattended in
vehicles under any circumstances. LOOK BEFORE YOU LOCK.
If you work or spend time outside, reschedule strenuous
activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and
symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and
loose fitting clothing.
For excessive heat safety information, visit weather.gov/heat.