...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 8 PM EDT THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Heat index values between 100 and 105 expected.
* WHERE...Adams, York and Lancaster Counties.
* WHEN...From 11 AM to 8 PM EDT Thursday.
* IMPACTS...High temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
illnesses to occur.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Excessive Heat can be life-threatening
among at-risk populations, such as children, the elderly, and
those with pre-existing health conditions.
Drink plenty of fluids, stay out of the sun, and stay in an
air-conditioned room. Check up on relatives and neighbors, and
provide pets with adequate water and shelter from the sun.
Young children and pets should never be left unattended in
vehicles under any circumstances. This is especially true
during hot weather when car interiors can reach lethal
temperatures in a matter of minutes. LOOK BEFORE YOU LOCK.
If you work or spend time outside. reschedule strenuous
activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and
symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight
and loose fitting clothing.
For excessive heat safety information, visit weather.gov/heat.