Including the cities of Chambersburg, Newport, Harrisburg,
Hershey, Pottsville, Lebanon, Carlisle, Gettysburg, York,
849 AM EST Fri Feb 4 2022
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM EST THIS
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation. Additional ice accumulations of less
than one tenth of an inch, and snow and sleet accumulations of
less than one inch.
* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.
* WHEN...Until 3 PM EST this afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Difficult travel conditions are expected.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Rain will change to mixed precipitation
from north to south through the morning, then taper off in the
early afternoon. The changeover has already begun for areas
north and west of Harrisburg, but will not occur until around
noon over Lancaster and southern York Counties.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania
Turnpike Commission remind motorists to expect slippery
conditions as freezing rain impacts the area.
Call 5 1 1 or visit www.511pa.com for the latest travel, roadway
and traffic conditions.
To report snow or ice, post to the NWS State College Facebook
page, use Twitter @NWSStateCollege, or visit weather.gov/ctp.