...The Flood Warning remains in effect...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Conestoga River At Lancaster.
* Until late this evening.
* At 6:30 AM EDT Thursday the stage was 17.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 6:30 AM EDT Thursday was 17.6 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 17.8 feet
this morning. It will then fall below flood stage this evening.
* Impact...At 11.0 feet, Grofftown Road will flood.
* Impact...At 13.0 feet, Several homes are affected by high water.
* Impact...At 14.0 feet, The footbridge near the confluence of
Stauffer Run begins to flood.
* Impact...At 15.0 feet, Many homes near the river are affected by
* Impact...At 15.6 feet, Approximate level of the FEMA 10% Annual
Chance Flood level (10-year flood).
* Impact...At 17.0 feet, Flood waters begin to reach the Hunsecker's
Mill Covered Bridge.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 17.8
feet on 10/09/2005.
LAT...LON 4013 7625 4010 7621 4003 7625 3999 7630
4002 7635 4009 7629