Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Thirteen Lancaster County police officers were recently recognized as “Top Guns” for their DUI law enforcement efforts.
The thirteen officers made a combined 354 DUI arrests last year in Lancaster County.
“Your enforcement of DUI laws makes us all safer in Lancaster County,” District Attorney Heather Adams told the group at a ceremony Tuesday hosted by the DUI Council of Lancaster County.
The officers accepted “Top Gun” awards during a ceremony at the Lancaster County Public Training Center.
The group included repeat recipients as well as first-time honorees.
DA Adams emphasized the importance of DUI law enforcement as it provides potential offenders a perception “that they will be stopped.”
The award recipients (and their 2019 arrest numbers) are:
- Philip Strosser, West Lampeter Township police: 53 arrests.
- Ryan Snyder, Manheim Township police: 49 arrests.
- Michael Deitz, Lancaster city police: 47 arrests.
- Samuel Sanger, East Lampeter Township police: 44 arrests.
- Nicholas Ciatto, Pennsylvania State Police: 30 arrests.
- Andrew Long, Manor Township police: 26 arrests.
- Roger Kreisher, East Cocalico Township police: 24 arrests.
- Bradley Redinger, Northwest Regional police: 23 arrests.
- Tyler Weinoldt, Lititz Borough police: 23 arrests.
- Edward Wengiel, Elizabethtown Borough police: 13 arrests.
- Gabe Rimolo, West Hempfield Township police: 12 arrests.
- John Reynolds, Millersville Borough police: 5 arrests.
- James Mains, Christiana Borough police: 5 arrests.
The District Attorney’s Office thanks the DUI Council for generously hosting the ceremony.
MEDIA CONTACT: Brett A. Hambright, 717-295-2041; firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @BrettHambright