Animal Abuse

To report suspected animal cruelty, contact:

The local municipal police department where the incident occurred
Pennsylvania State Police 717-299-7650
The Lancaster County District Attorney's tipline at:

IMPORTANT: Abuse in progress should be reported to respective police departments. The tipline does not offer immediate assistance or response.
Also, general complaints about a shelter or rescue group should not be sent to the tipline.
(Tips can be made anonymously.)

The Pennsylvania SPCA also has a tipline:

For tips involving large animals, contact Christine Stull at LAPS (Large Animal Protection Society), 610-869-9880.

If this is an emergency (active crime being committed), please dial 911.
If this is NOT an emergency, please dial 717-664-1180.